Thursday, May 12, 2016

Gestures

Gestures are non verbal signs that we make with our bodies. This includes hand gestures, facial expressions, or other movements of the body. These gestures carry a meaning to the culture. This photo was taken very quick. I said "Hey do a peace sign!" and he immediately knew what I meant. Another important feature of this photo is our facial expressions. Mind you I only told him to do a peace sign and his face even matches his gesture. His face is peaceful looking and also looks pretty happy. I'm doing the "rock on" gesture and you can see my face also matches my expression. When doing these gestures to anyone who shares my culture they know exactly what message I am trying to convey. A smile, a wave, a middle finger, crying, slouching, hanging your head, and crinkling your nose are other good examples of gestures. Gestures help you read, understand, and communicate with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment